Part No: C11A009A04
The TOPDON ArtiLink 500 OBDII Code Reader works with all 10 modes of OBDII test for complete vehicle diagnostics (1996 and newer). The easy-to-use tool features a One-Click I/M Readiness Key for quick State Emissions, DTC lookup, data record & replay, and more, to help get a reliable assessment of any car obd2 related issues.
1. Works on most 1996 and newer vehicles (CAN, ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW) worldwide
2. Features the full obd2 functionalities at a fraction of the price of competitors
3. Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes, and pending codes; easily determine the cause of the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)
4. Clears codes and resets monitors; turns off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)
5. Views freeze frame data; reads live PCM datastream
6. One-Click Readiness Key; gets quick State Emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification
7. Supports valuable O2 sensor test, on-board monitor test, EVAP system test (mode 6, 8)
8. Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN & CVN)
9. DTC LookUp library; HELP hotkey; aids technician in efficient vehicle diagnostics and vehicle repair
10. Reads, stores and plays back live sensor data
11. 2.8-inch TFT color screen; bright color-coded LEDs; built-in speaker; offers both visual and audible tone for readiness verification
12. The thoughtful LED light in the OBD2 adapter; finds the DLC port in the dark area
13. Multilingual menu (7): English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese
14. Internet updatable
15. Prints data via a computer
16. Extremely easy to use and highly reliable
Full OBD2 Diagnostics
l Read Codes - Identifies which section of the emission control system has malfunctioned.
ü Get a general idea of what normally causes the code, and schedule a proper repair at a more convenient time.
l Erase Codes - Erases the codes from the vehicle after retrieving codes from the vehicle, and certain repairs have been carried out.
ü Turn off the annoying MIL (check engine light).
l I/M Readiness - Checks whether or not the various emissions-related systems on the vehicle are operating properly, and are ready for Inspection and Maintenance testing.
ü Help pass the emission test, and tell if it’s the time to have vehicle maintenance.
l Data Stream - Retrieves and displays live data and parameters from the vehicle’s ECU.
ü Show a long list of all the available data values as engine RPM, vehicle speed, air flow, engine load, fuel pressure, fuel trim value, engine coolant temperature, ignition timing advance, or closed-loop status.
ü Watch for problems during a test drive, and so to find out which part goes wrong effectively.
l View Freeze Frame - Takes the snapshot of the operating conditions when an emission-related fault occurs.
ü Help in identifying the problem easily, and know when need to go in for a vehicle inspection.
l O2 Sensor Test - Retrieves O2 sensor monitor test results of the most recently completed tests from the vehicle’s on-board computer.
ü Improve the vehicle’s performance but also make it fuel-efficient.
l On-Board Monitor Test - Retrieves test results for emission-related powertrain components and systems that are not continuously monitored.
ü See if the engine has any misfire or compression problems on a particular cylinder, which aren’t severe enough to trigger a check engine light.
ü Save guesswork, and prevent the emerging issues from causing a real driving problem.
l EVAP System Test - Initiates a leak test for the vehicle’s EVAP system.
ü Help check fuel vapor leaks including when there is a missing gas cap or a loose gas cap.
l Vehicle Info - Retrieves a list of information (Vehicle Identification Number, Calibration ID, and Calibration Verification Number).
ü Reveal car’s manufacturer, model, year and place of manufacture, all its features, technical specifications, also more specific and useful data, including authentic mileage and archive photos at different times.
- Supports all OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM & CAN (Controller Area Network).
- Works on most vehicles sold worldwide with the model year of 1996 or newer.
- Simply select the error code, to get an in-depth explanation of its meaning.
- Make in-time decisions about possible repairs.
- Save the trouble of looking for the meaning of a diagnostic trouble code online.
A USB port is located on the bottom of AL500, for updating the new version of the software.
Simply use a USB cable and connect it to the computer and then update AL500.
Users can print the data via the printer, after connecting it to a PC with the USB port.
Data Record & Replay
It records all diagnostic data if needed. Users can check the data anytime, for future analysis.
- 3 Hot Keys:
a) HELP, to get some very detailed diagnostic tips and some solutions related to the diagnostic trouble codes.
b) One-click I/M, to get a quick and easy instant test to determine if the vehicle will pass and emission test.
c) EXIT, is designed for more convenient operation.
- The LED light in the OBD2 adapter, to get a clear view to find the DLC port in the dark area.
- Green, Yellow and Red LED lights, to give quick and easy identification of the vehicle’s status visually.
Peace of Mind in a Box
- The OBD2 scanner’s mini size fits comfortably in the palm of a hand. So that you can carry it around no matter in the garage or on a trip.
- The rugged plastic adds to the overall structural durability. No worry about a small fall costing you a new unit.
- The relatively large color 2.8” TFT display makes viewing the data information very easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is the TOPDON AL500 compatible with my car?
A: AL500 runs well on most vehicles from 1996 US-based, 2002 EU-based, 2005 Asian-based, or other newer OBD II and CAN worldwide vehicles.
If the car is OBD2-compliant or if you have an OBD1 connector, then you may use this scanner.
Q: The scanner can’t diagnose my Japanese car. Why?
A: TOPDON AL500 doesn’t cover the vehicle models made in Japan, which in compliance with JOBD standards, temporarily.
Q: The scanner can't talk with my car. Why?
A: Please confirm:
1. Whether the vehicle meets the OBDII standard.
2. Whether the operation is proper, and the vehicle is well-connected with the scanner.
3. If all above is normal, send the vehicle’s year, make, model, and VIN number to us for timely technical support.
Welcome to get technical support via Facebook (@TopdonOfficial) or Twitter (@Topdon_Official) or Pinterest (topdon_official), if you are unsure whether the tool is suitable for your device.
12-month warranty for any possible quality problems.
Display: LCD 2.8-Inch，320X240
Operating voltage: 9~18V
Storage Temperature: -20℃~70℃（-4℉~158℉）
Working Temperature: -10℃~50℃（14℉~122℉）
Dimension: 163.6*94.3*31.4 mm（6.44*3.71*1.23 inches）
Length: 1435 mm (56.49 inches)
Net Weight: 270g (9.52 oz)
1* ArtiLink500 Code Reader
1*Quick start Guide
Copyright © TOPDON. 2004 - 2017. All Rights Reserved